Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colossus Forum Index -> Raiding with Colossus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nistro
Guild Master

re: What I expect.

Okay guys, it's been almost a month since we started putting everything together and it's been a wild ride for those who have held on for it. There have been line-up changes, schedule changes, just a whole bunch of shit. But today I was thinking about all of the guilds that "make it"; and the way we're going we're not one of them. There are a few things that I expect to happen in the next few weeks, and if they don't happen, expect things to change. (While you're reading this, I am not yelling nor am I angry; just determined to make something of ourselves.)

1) Show up on time - I shouldn't even have to ask of this, but it's true. If you're going to be late for some reason, our (the officer's) numbers are our (the officer's) Officer note, text us/call us and tell us or we're replacing you and you won't have your spot back until that fill-in can't make it anymore. (Minor exceptions.)

2) If you can't make it on a certain day or for the week, TELL US. - There is nothing that I hate more than it being raid day, waking up and looking at the calendar, and seeing that one of our raiders has put tentative 4 minutes ago and logged off. There are forums that we check daily, and you can post there to let us know you're not gonna be around, or send us an in-game mail, or tell someone to tell us, or call us, or text us. If you don't show up, and we don't know why. Expect your spot to be filled. (No exceptions.)

3) Know the fight - Don't expect myself, Brindown, or Kyle to hold your hand during Firelands. If you don't know the fight, look it up, ask questions, google it, do SOMETHING. We will no longer accept people not knowing fights in raids. We will do a brief over-view of the general fight and a brief over-view of our strategy, yes: but we will NOT explain the whole fight. You have the Dungeon Journal for fuck's sake USE IT. (No exceptions.)

4) Contribute - Now this is something that we're good at, but not perfect at, the guild bank never asks for anything from you guys, but you guys tend to ask of the guild bank. We have no problem giving you enchants, gems, gold if you need it, food, flasks, shit I only ask 50 gold for a flask, but if EVERYONE contributes I'll ask for 0. If we all contribute we will have guild repairs on raid nights, but it all depends on YOU. You put in, we give out. (No homo.)

---(Number 5 isn't really something that I want to change in the guild, it's just a mindset that needs to be taken seriously.)---

5) These spots are now competitive. I love all of you to death, really I do. I love to spend 3 nights a week with you guys having fun and killing dargons, but when it comes to the things listed above, I'm becoming irritated. We can take off 2 weeks and find someone to replace you if need be, and we will if things don't start going smoother. There is no reason why we should (INCOMING GUILD LEADER NERD RAGE) not be able to go into these raids and kill shit. No reason at all, it's either lack of discipline, motive, or skill. I'm able to change the first one, and I will if need be. Motive comes with downing bosses, you have to work up enough to get there. Skill: If you don't have it expect to be replaced.

6) This is also something that we're good at but not perfect at. We're all people, we are all going to be irritated with eachother now and again, but to bring it to raid is unacceptable. This ties into Ventrilo discussions during a raid, if we're (to know you've read this post send me an in-game mail saying "marzipan bananastand" so I know you read it.) doing trash and it's nothing serious, we can chat, and have fun, and joke around like we always do, but when it comes to a boss fight. I shouldn't hear this.

Me: Alright switch to Rhyolith's left foot.
Kyle: DPS turn and burn adds.
Me: RIGHT FOOT RIGHT FOOT RIGHT FOO-
Random Raider: GUYS I REALLY LOVE CHINESE FOOD
Random Raider 2: omg me 2 so much
Random Raider: I think I'm gonna go get some after this boss
Random Raider 3: OMG BRING ME SOME ^_^

No, just... no. Keep it to the Tanks, and the Officers. If it's COMPLETELY NECESSARY or we tell you to call things out, you best shut yo' damn mouf. F'real.

Feel free to post any comments, questions, or concerns regarding this post. I'm sure I have more things to say but I just can't think of it now. Thanks guys, we should be getting some progression kills soon of these things happen. <3

-Nis

Jump to: